- Views 1013
Auditions for our 2019 Spring production of The Jungle Book will be by appointments only. There will not an open audition date at this time. Please see below for more information, including roles available and cast requirements.
Production: The Jungle Book
More information available from Plays for Young Audiences
Audition Date, Time & Location
By appointment only. Please email Stage Manager Bob McMillan at email@example.com to schedule an audition date and time on Monday, Dec. 10
Actors auditioning should be versatile in comedic and dramatic technique. Actors who have never worked with LightBox before should prepare a 2-minute monologue or poem, 32 bars of a song, and be read to cold-read from the script. Please choose child-appropriate materials for your audition. If you are unsure of what to prepare, please feel free to reach out to me for feedback on your ideas.
- All actors must be available to perform during the week on Tuesday, March 19 and Wednesday, March 20 for our school performances.
- Actors should be at least 16 years of age.
- Actors from diverse backgrounds are highly encouraged to audition.
- Stipends will be offered for the run of the show: $300 principle role
- Principle roles will need to be available to rehearse 3-4 hours, 3-4 times/week, and the full week of tech rehearsal
- Rehearsals begin in early January and typically are scheduled 3-4 days a week (M-F) from 6-9:30 pm.
- Please fill out the Audition Form (download PDF file) and bring it with you when you audition
- 1 – Narrator 1/Father Wolf/Wolf 1/Baloo/Monkey 1
- 2 – Narrator 2/Shere Kahn/Wolf 2/Monkey 2/Vulture 2
- 3 – Narrator 3/Wolf 3/Bagheera/Monkey 3/Vulture 3
- 4 – Mowgli
- 5 – Narrator 5/Mother Wolf/Kaa/Monkey
Performance Dates and Times:
Friday, March 15 @ 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 16 @ 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Sunday, March 17 @ 2 p.m.
Tuesday, March 19 @ 9 a.m.* 10:30 am* and 12:30 pm*
Wednesday, March 20 @ 9 a.m.* 10:30 am* and 12:30 pm*
Friday, March 22 @ 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 23 @ 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Sunday, March 24 @ 2 p.m.
Performance Location: Carnegie Arts Center, Turlock
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the director at (209) 417-6643 if you have any questions.