- Views 2835
Auditions for our 2019 Fall production of Gilgamesh: The Shine-y, Hero-y, Boss-y King will be by appointment only. There will not be an open audition date at this time. Please see below for more information, including roles available and cast requirements.
Production: Gilgamesh: The Shine-y, Hero-y, Boss-y King
This is an original commissioned play based on the epic of Gilgamesh.
Audition Date, Time & Location
Please email Stage Manager at email@example.com to schedule an audition date and time on Wednesday, July 17 and Thursday July 18 from 5 to 8 p.m.
Auditions will be held at LightBox Theatre Company’s rehearsal facility at Calvary Church, 700 E. Monte Vista Ave., Turlock
Actors auditioning should be versatile in comedic and dramatic technique. Actors who have never worked with LightBox before should prepare a 2-minute monologue or poem, 32 bars of a song, and be ready to cold-read from the script. Please choose child-appropriate materials for your audition. If you are unsure of what to prepare, please feel free to email the Stage Manager for suggestions.
- All actors must be available to perform during the week on Tuesday, Oct. 1 and Wednesday, Oct. 2 for our school performances.
- Actors should be at least 16 years of age.
- Actors from diverse backgrounds are highly encouraged to audition.
- A $300 honorarium will be offered after the run of the show
- Principle roles will need to be available to rehearse 3-4 hours, 3-4 times/week, and the full week of tech rehearsal
- Rehearsals begin in early August and typically are scheduled 3-4 days a week (M-F) from 6-9:30 pm.
- Please fill out the Audition Form (download PDF file) and bring it with you when you audition
- 1 – Male – Gilgamesh (king and demigod), Townsperson 1
Actor should have a youthful and “kingly/godly” presence
- 2 – Female – Gashan (scribe to Gilgamesh), Ishtar (goddess), Townsperson 2
Actor can be of any age, should have sophistication and “godly” presence
- 3 – Male – Shabra (chair of the Uruk City Council), Enkidu (a wild man with a heart), Townsperson 3
Actor can be of any age, should range in portraying civility and uncivil behavior in the varying roles
- 4 – Female – Nirgal (Wisest woman in Uruk), Shamhat (the matchmaker of Uruk), Utuda (Village girl of marrying age), Humbaba (A monster guardian of the forest)
Actor must have enough range to convincingly play a “monster” and an adolescent girl as this role demands many varying character traits, also puppetry experience is a bonus
Performance Dates and Times:
Friday, Sept. 27 @ 7 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 28 @ 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 29 @ 2 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 1 @ 9 a.m.* 10:30 am* and 12:30 pm*
Wednesday, Oct. 2 @ 9 a.m.* 10:30 am* and 12:30 pm*
Friday, Oct. 4 @ 7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 5 @ 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 6 @ 2 p.m.
Performance Location: Carnegie Arts Center, 250 N. Broadway, Turlock
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the director at (209) 417-6643 if you have any questions.