Auditions for our 2018 Fall musical, Cinderella Eats Rice and Beans: A Salsa Fairy Tale, will be by appointments only. There will not an open audition date at this time. Please see below for more information, including roles available and cast requirements.
Production: Cinderella Eats Rice and Beans: A Salsa Fairy Tale
More information available from Dramatic Publishing
Audition Date, Time & Location
By appointment only. Please email Stage Manager Bob McMillan at email@example.com to schedule an audition date and time on Wednesday, June 27th or Thursday, June 28th.
Actors auditioning should be versatile in comedic and dramatic technique. Actors who have never worked with LightBox before should prepare a 1-2 minute comedic monologue (if you have never auditioned with a monologue before, please contact the director for ideas on what to choose) and 32 bars of any song appropriate for children’s audience.
- All actors must be available to perform during the week on Tuesday, October 2 and Wednesday, October 3 for our school performances.
- Actors should be at least 16 years of age.
- Actors from diverse backgrounds are highly encouraged to audition.
- Stipends will be offered for the run of the show: $300 principle role
- Principle roles will need to be available to rehearse 3-4 hours, 3-4 times/week, and the full week of tech rehearsal
- Please fill out the Audition Form (download PDF file) and bring it with you when you audition
- Cinderella (Cenicienta) – (Female) A sixth-grade exchange student from Puerto Rico visiting the U.S. to learn English. This role’s dialogue is 90% Spanish.
- Rosa – (Female) the wicked cool “stepsister”. Loves pop music, basketball, and being popular. Not so nice to the exchange student her parents chose to host. This role speaks some Spanish but her dialogue is mostly English.
- Joey – (Male or Female) Rosa’s best friend and head of the pep squad. This role is not Latinx, but will need to sing in Spanish with other actors.
- Padrino – (Male) The “Almost Fairy Godfather” given his first chance to earn his wings by helping Rosa and Cenicienta. This role is bilingual.
Performance Dates and Times:
Friday, September 28 @ 7 p.m.
Saturday, September 29 @ 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Sunday, September 30 @ 2 p.m.
Tuesday, October 2 @ 9 a.m.* 10:30 am* and 12:30 pm*
Wednesday, October 3 @ 9 a.m.* 10:30 am* and 12:30 pm*
Friday, October 5 @ 7 p.m.
Saturday, October 6 @ 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Sunday, October 7 @ 2 p.m.
Performance Location: Carnegie Arts Center, Turlock
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the director at (209) 417-6643 if you have any questions.